Facebook

History of Bansko

 

The archeological traces of the inhabitants of Bansko and the Razlog Valley in general date to the early periods of the Roman Empire. There are several housing structures at the outskirts of the town, which date to 100 BC. However, there is no consensus nor credible theory on who these people were.

Bansko became part of Bulgaria, during the reign of Khan Krum, most probably around 811 AD and has been part of Bulgaria, ever since.

The Bulgarian Evangelical Church Community, the first Protestant church in Bulgaria, was founded in Bansko on 6 August 1868.

In the municipality of Bansko there are 130 architectural-historic monuments of culture, 7 of which have national significance.The town has registered over 100 archaeological sites. The museum complex has at its disposal one of the best and the most excellent functioning museum networks in the country. The museum sites in Bansko are inseparable part of the unforgettable world of the past. In it are collected objects of the everyday life of various ages, archaeological treasures, ethnographic materials, unique national costumes, old printed books and manuscripts, original icons and woodcarving masterpieces, rich photo materials. The museums are with work time from 9.00-12.00 and 14.00-17.00 h; tel.: 0749/883 03; 883 04.

            In 1952 opened its gates the first museum in the Pirin region, the house-museum 'Nikola Vaptsarov'. The documentary exposition includes hall room, in which are presented the native environment, where the poet was grown. It has exhibited in original the Transcript-of-Bansko of 'History of Slavonic Bulgaria', hand-written by the manciple Constantine Chuchuline, personal seal of the poet Peyo Yavorov, old Bulgarian pad, pocket pad of Nikola Vaptsarov, gift of his mother. In the two halls on the upper floor is revealed his life after enrolling in the Marine Machinery School in Varna. There are presented a lot of documentary and photo materials, the only published while-living book of poetry 'Motor Songs', the reward of the World Peace Council.

            The House of Velyanov is opened in 1977. It is announced as a monument of culture of national significance and is a model of the architectural type of fortified house from the time of the Bulgarian National Revival. It is unique with its mural paintings and wood carved ceilings, made by Velyan Ognev. In its landscapes Velyan Ognev represents the most popular landscapes of the largest European cities at the time.

            The House of Benina is converted in 1981 in a museum of Neophyte Rilski, founder of the Bulgarian secular education and the first Bulgarian encyclopaedician. It is announced as national monument of culture. It is built in XVIII c. In the documentary hall of the house are exhibited materials in chronological order, revealing the multilateral and performed for many years national activities of Neophyte Rilski. Among these are the 'Bulgarian Grammar' (1835), parts of the Greek-Bulgarian Dictionary, books of his personal library.

            In the Old Hilendarian (Rilla) Cloister in 1986 is established Permanent Icon Exhibition of masterpieces by the Iconography School of Bansko, one of the glaring manifestations of the Bulgarian culture in the period XVIII - XIX c. In this exhibition are presented original icons, painted by its representatives. Major place in the exhibition is assigned for the works of the founder of the school Toma Vishanov, his son Dimiter, his Grandson Simeon, and other icon painters in Bansko.

            The church 'Saint Trinity' comprises three-nave basilica, built in 1835 by local masters on initiative of Lazar German. Within its yard site in 1850 is built a bell-tower. It was the largest church in Bulgaria prior to the building up of the 'Alexander Nevski' Cathedral.

            The Centre of Arts with the museum of 'Nikola Vaptsarov' is a multi-functional space architectural interior. In it permanent and temporary exhibitions are organised, and scientific forums are performed, as well as meetings with figures of culture, etc. On the second floor is presented permanent ethnographic exhibition-bazaar with authentic hand-made materials, art souvenirs, and works of art.

            In the region of the town of Bansko could be seen also the reconstructed chapel of 'St.St. Peter and Paul', Thracean fortress, sacrificial altar and church of V c. in the vicinity of 'St. Nicholas', Kalyata - Thracean fortress and necropolis of II, III c. B.C., early-Christian basilica in the vicinity of 'Shipotsko', Karagonsko - church and necropolis of X c., the small monastery of Paligoden, the vicinity of 'St. Ivan' - Thracean sanctuary and peshi of IV - VI c, village of Eleshnitsa - prehistoric museum with materials dating back to the 6th millennium B.C.

Read 13906 times

Media

More in this category: Bansko - Location »
Banner

Upcomming Events

No events
You are here

Използваме "бисквитки", за да подобрим уебсайта и опита ви, когато го използвате. Бисквитките, използвани за основната работа на сайта, вече са заредени. За да научите повече за "бисквитките", които използваме и как да ги изтриете, вижте нашите Условия за защита на личните данни.

Приемам "бисквитки" от този сайт.