It is placed in the building of the former Hiliandar (Rila) Nunnery, famous as the earliest entirely preserved and accurately dated (due to accompanying writings) antiquity in Bansko. The single story building, preserved in its authentic state, was built in 1749.
Nowadays the building is used to house of works of the Bansko Art School masters, one of the most noticeable realisations of the Bulgarian culture during the XVIII and XIX Centuries.
Its members influence positively on the progressive minds of the Bulgarian Renaissance. The exhibition consists of original icons and wall paintings, photographs.